Everest Insurance Company
Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group Ltd., is seeking a Data Analyst with 3-5 years of experience for the Data and Analytics Team of Insurance Division headquartered in Warren, New Jersey.
This position is ideal for a self-motivated, curios individual with experience (academic or professional) analyzing complex data, deriving insight, and visualizing for easy understanding & consumption (reporting). We are looking for someone with a passion for the data and analytics field as Everest leans more heavily on data and analytics as a core asset to the company. A willingness to learn and go the extra mile to solve business problems is highly desirable.
Everest is growing rapidly and is investing heavily in data and analytics as a strategic catalyst to achieving future goals. This role will develop descriptive and diagnostic analysis which evolve into predictive, forward-looking advanced analytics.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Ability to develop & tell the story by entrenched within data, extracted through analytics, WITH contextualization in form of narratives and observations.
- Design and develop business intelligence using advanced analytic techniques, develop data and reporting tools (e.g., Power BI, SQL Server) following company's best practices and approved methodologies.
- Develop, structure, and execute on descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics projects
- Ability to drive and work within a problem-solving structure or framework with specific focus on identifying core problem statement, objective measurement of problem, hypothesis formulation, data exploration, and analytic product development for the purpose of solving specific problems
- Verify data accuracy and integrity when sourcing data from a variety of underlying platforms to drive improved insights and reporting
- Analyze industry data from 3rd party, peers, and other macroeconomic trends to develop enhanced business insights.
- Deliver recurring analytics and ad-hoc requests; this includes utilization of available data from various systems by data extraction, cleansing, and building reports and data models.
- Visualize and develop solutions or visualizations of findings (dashboards, scorecards, analytic reports, presentations...) to highlight trends and anomalies in data.
- Collaborate with IT and other members of the Business Performance Management team in finding the best reporting solution that is robust, reliable and quick-to-market.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree with focus on one or more fields - Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, or other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Preferred experience in Insurance industry with exposure to Commercial Property, Casualty and Specialty lines.
- Proficiency with SQL required.
- Proficiency in one of the enterprise reporting tools (e.g., Power BI or Tableau).
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint is required.
- Proficiency in R or Python strongly desired
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to synthesize data, identify and highlight trends, assess business impacts, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Big data, Statistical analysis, and machine learning algorithms would be a huge plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make solid recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with cross-functional teams.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently on assignments
- Operate effectively in a culture that promotes collaboration, execution, humility, thoughtfulness, and leadership.
- Enthusiasm for analytics and creative problem-solving, with a desire to be on the front foot when it comes to tools, techniques, and methods.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high-quality end-products in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter and out-of-the-box thinker who can work independently, understand business priorities, manage own work, and drive results.
- Willing to learn and grow with team, both technically and professionally.
For NYC only: The base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $180,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.
Chicago, IL - South Riverside, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Remote, United States
As an effective team member, employees at Everest Insurance must champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
• Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
• Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
• Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
• Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
• Leadership: By example, every day.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: For employees working in the New York City office, Everest requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.
This job has expired.