Primary Job Purpose
This Data Modeler/Software Development Engineer II or III will participate in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of enterprise data warehouse systems. Responsible for defining data structures, programming, debugging and testing of data applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling concepts including OLTP/3NF, Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design/Dimensional Modeling, and/or Data Vault, Canonical model. Understanding of canonical model and tractional modelling approaches
- Hands on experience with SQL and relational databases (Commercial DBMS such as: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and at least one distributed database (Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, Teradata)
- Hands on experience working in ETL/ELT pipelines and ETL tools
- Hands on experience with creating Conceptual Data Models, Logical Data Models, Physical Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams and other Data Management artifacts
Specific technologies to be used & level of proficiency:
- Prior experience with a health care payer Member, Claim, and Actuarial data models is preferred.
- Good understanding of information security to model data in such as way as to protect data from those not authorized to see it
- Understanding of the different data storage/access models (transactional, data staging, operational data store, data warehouse, data mart, data federation)
- Certified in one of the following or comparable experience: CBIP (Certified Business Intelligence Professional) from TDWI, CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional) from DAMA
- Experience in data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER/Studio, IBM Data Architect) - Expert
- Structured Query Language (SQL) - Expert
- ETL/ELT tools
- Database management systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) - Intermediate
- Experience with at least one programming language such as python - Intermediate
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com