A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be joining the Digital & Data Office, Performance Materials. The team is responsible for driving data analytics in our Performance Materials Business sector - by enabling data democratization, data governance, empowering a data driven mindset and delivering data analytics solutions.
This role is a unique blend of strategic and operational data governance to enable data and analytics work in the Performance Materials sector. You are expected to set strategic directions and managing good data practices in a big data environment, including areas such as data ownership principles, data movement standards, data security, risk management approaches and data cataloguing standards. You will provide operational guidance and support when you ensure that set data governance policies, standards etc. are adhered to. You further support the business in working along the mandated process, especially the data acquisition for on-bound analytical use in the Performance Materials data lake.
In addition, you drive the continuous improvement of our data practices where you challenge each part of the data governance process to make sure the right level of governance is applied, and processes are fit-for purpose and support the success of our business.
You will collaborate with the rest of the Digital & Data Office, especially the Product Owner and Delivery team to provide support for the delivery of use cases. In addition, you educate our partners in the respective business domains and functions on data governance - data quality, compliance, security and privacy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree with a good coverage of Business Administration and Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience in data management and data governance covering strategic and operational implementations
- 3+ years working experience in working in a big data environment and developing data practices
- Master's degree with a good coverage of Business Administration and Computer Science
- Experience in implementing data practices including technology, process, data and organization readiness aspects
- Good knowledge in data privacy and security and being able to develop practices here together with the respective business functions such as IT security, Data Privacy Office, Government Affairs
- Good experience in risk management a must and threat modelling a bonus
- Proven track record in designing data catalogues incl. data design, metadata structures, object relations, catalogue population etc. ensuring the catalogued data is current, correct and supporting analytics activities
- Ability to design data quality processes from defining, measuring, monitoring to defining and implementing corrective and preventive activities
- Experience in defining and implementing data practice metrics when it comes to data cataloguing, data governance processes
- Good practical knowledge of industry data practice/governance models (DAMA, CMMI, DGI others) and data strategy frameworks (Gartner, St Gallen, others)
- Having worked in regulated environment and GxP experience are a plus
- Fluent English skills
Location is flexible, but preferred locations are Tempe, AZ and Hometown, PA. What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214473
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.