A Level 3 Installer is responsible for the safe, quality installation of equipment in typical "telco" environments as specified in engineering instructions and drawings and in accordance with customer standards. This is a field-based position, requiring up to 100% travel.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Install, test, and perform pre-energization (mechanical) checks of DC power systems.
- Add and/or removal of battery strings to include wet cells, VRLA and L-ion.
- Perform additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits (note: Level 3 will perform critical steps only under the supervision of a Level 4.)
- Participate in all internal and external quality audits, both in-process and final
- Installation of auxiliary framing, cable rack and other miscellaneous equipment as required.
- Perform basic electrical work such as conduit runs, lighting and branch circuit wiring.
- On-site analysis of job drawings and specifications to resolve any issues prior to job start
- Preparation of required documents such as MOP and job closeout paperwork.
- Function as the point-of-contact for support groups such as engineering, material assignment, etc.
- Review the work assignments & project steps (MOP and job spec) before each work shift so all personnel, including contractors, are aware of their roles & responsibilities during the scheduled shift.
- Maintain accurate project documentation (job logs), time reporting, expense reporting.
- Perform all work in accordance with Vertiv and customer standards.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Special electronics training or work experience
- Proficient in the use of electronic test equipment
- Experience with complying with all customer standards and paperwork to include MOP and job completion forms
- Strong skill sets:
- Communication skills - verbal and written customer facing
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Safety procedures
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills include MS Office experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Required experience (one or more of the following)
- High school diploma
- Technical Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a related field
- While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 75 pounds. Frequent driving (car, van, truck)
- Extreme cold (below 32*)
- Extreme heat (above 100*)
- Noise Level (Medium / High need to shout to be heard)
- Working around moving machinery (fork-lifts, tractors)
- Protective Equipment Required (earplugs, gloves, eyewear, respirator, mask, etc.)
- Work outdoors (no effective protection from weather)
- Travel (up to 100%) is required.
- Provisions for a 1 week "field break" after 3 consecutive weeks in the field.
- Flexible schedules (weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Valid driver's license required for operation of company vehicle.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
The anticipated salary range for this role in the New York and Connecticut localities is between $60k to $75k per year (based on a 40-hour work week) -salary ranges for other geographic localities may vary. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are role based. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, holiday pay, and 401k.