The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com , and follow NASCAR on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and Snapchat ('NASCAR')
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of a Director, Civil Engineering based in our Daytona Beach, FL office. NASCAR's Design & Development group is looking for an experienced, highly technical Civil Engineer or related field professional to join our team. We are a progressive, tight-knit department of design professionals within the NASCAR organization with a significant record of accomplishment delivering innovative motorsports related and ancillary mixed-use development projects. We primarily manage commercial projects in the sports and entertainment sector, and experience or knowledge of that area is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage new construction and remodeling projects
- Analyze specifications, drawings, and maps to guide the direction of projects to fit within the overall budget constraints
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction specialists
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates, budgets, and construction schedules
- Create and interpret construction contracts
- Create, review, and update schedules for construction to ensure projects are maintained on schedule
- Manage approved budgets for projects, and forecast design and construction costs through the duration of the work
- Oversee contractors, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure projects are completed on time, budget, and per the contract drawings
- Inspect project sites to ensure compliance with the contract documents
- Communicate with team members as well as internal clients vendors to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Travel required, including some weekends.
Directly supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field from an accredited university or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Proficient on Company-provided hardware and software.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience with Project Management software
- Microsoft Office
PE license highly desirable Other Skills and Abilities
- Highly developed team management and leadership skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about the sport and are united in seeing it grow. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.