Researches and designs components and mechanical systems for Ditch Witch® products; specializing in underground pneumatic piercing tools. Uses CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) equipment to create or modify model files of machine components and systems and works closely with various component suppliers and other engineers that have mechanical, electrical, and/or hydraulic responsibilities. Directs the work of drafter/illustrators, layout personnel, and technicians, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Analyzes product specifications & performance requirements to determine designs which provide a good balance of performance, functionality, cost & ease of manufacturing.
- Uses metallurgical knowledge and experience to specify industry available materials that meet the duty cycle requirements of pneumatic piercing tools.
- Directs & physically participates when needed in the construction & testing of prototypes to evaluate the design & functionality of the product.
- Solicits & evaluates input from various sources concerning product design & functionality to meet project & customer requirements & manufacturability of product designs.
- Reviews product design for compliance with standard engineering practices, company & industry standards, customer contact requirements & related specifications.
- Performs analysis by calculation, testing, or computer methods on legacy and new product design to determine safety factors, expected life, & manufacturability.
- Creates, maintains, &/or directs the creation/maintenance of essential design information & documentation including models, drafts, schematics & purchased part documentation as well as supporting technical publications.
- Provides solutions to complex and challenging issues while balancing workload among multiple projects and priorities.
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company .JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or closely related engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of design engineering or related field experience required.
- Experience in material specifications for various design applications by applying metallurgical expertise.
- Basic understanding and experience of applying fluid dynamics to mechanical designs.
- Experience with CAD software & solid modeling.
- Experience regarding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods and tolerance stack analysis.
- Design experience regarding machining, turning, molding, casting, and other manufacturing processes.
- Experience in designing pneumatic tools desirable.
- Interest in mobile equipment design and operation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.