Tuknik Government Services (TGS), a Koniag Government Services company, is looking for a Desktop Support Analyst to join our growing team. This is a direct, full-time position supporting TGS and our government client.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The candidate shall be required to receive, diagnose, distribute, and track the status of service requests for assistance regarding any service the BLM has (IT related and Non-IT Related) via the chosen Service Desk support management tool (currently Remedy). The candidate will follow Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS), HDI best practices and established procedures and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Diagnosing and resolving routine problems for a wide variety of applications, operating systems, and equipment such as installation, configuration, optimization, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintenance of customer hardware and software components.
- Providing technical assistance and solutions to customers as well as other IT staff or contractors.
- Collecting specific and detailed information from reference sources, software utilities, or customers.
- Performing basic troubleshooting of networks, web pages, desktops/laptops, and mobile devices.
- Utilizing the Service Desk ticketing system to document all work, progress, and resolutions.
- Educating customers on new processes and procedures.
- Ensuring tickets are promptly assigned and processed.
- Ensuring ticket worklogs are continuously updated while being worked, and final resolution(s) provided within all completed tickets.
- Contacting customers and resolving tickets within SLA timeframes.
- Utilizing only BLM approved remote support tools such as Dameware, Remote Assist Launcher,
- Microsoft Remote Desktop, to provide remote customer support.
- Following up with customers to ensure accurate solution and customer satisfaction before closing each ticket.
- Ensure tickets are closed promptly when issues are resolved.
- Travelling to other offices (or offsite locations) to provide onsite IT support, when approved.
- Continual asset management including wiping, excessing equipment, equipment tracking.
- Other responsibilities:
- Quickly address any IT Security related tickets or requests.
- Comply with SOP and SLA guidelines.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all BLM IT security policies.
- Accomplish administrative tasks such as required contractor training and filling out required forms in a timely manner.
Working Environment & Conditions
- High School degree
- 3 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- User of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Offering innovative and cutting-edge IT, Environmental Resource Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government Services is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC 8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of Koniag Inc.'s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352