Join Benchmark's Early Intervention Services as a Developmental Therapist (DT). We are involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us- from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children's Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills.
Our DT's conduct evaluations and assessments, participate in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitor outcomes as a member of the team, and provide EI supports to families for the benefit of the child.
Some locations include: Darien, Greenwich, Stamford, New Canaan, Danbury, Norwalk, Easton, Wilton, Bridgeport, Waterbury, and more.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Administer evaluations and assessments.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Develop joint plan with family and recommend strategies utilizing evidence-based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices.
- Implement IFSP for enrolled families and recommend frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns.
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child's development.
- Utilize the coaching model and natural environment teaching.
- Participate in Birth to Three sponsored trainings, meetings and learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Complete Birth to Three Service Coordinator Modules and function as the Service Coordinator.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals we serve.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Respectful to others and ability to collaborate well with team.
- Knowledge of Connecticut's Birth to Three early intervention program and best practices for early intervention service delivery.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices.
- Confident in adapting to various learning styles to meet the needs of each child and their individualized treatment plan
FULL TIME BENEFITS:
- Meet CT Birth to Three education and licensure requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree with Department of Education Certificate Endorsement 112, 113, 065, 165, 265, 057, 059, or 055.
- Participate with professional supervision (if needed).
- Valid Connecticut driver's license
- One year of experience working with children in early intervention.
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.