The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking an DevOps Engineer (VMWare) in Denver, CO.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for a wide range of systems engineering, build out, and operational support for Healthcare, web-based customer service applications platform. As a key member of our team, the DevOps Engineer will play a central role in two strategic initiatives - validating and maintaining application infrastructure and evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery.
The DevOps team is responsible for managing and supporting the operation of test systems used by the Development organization, and the production systems used by our paying customers. We collaborate with IT resources, Development teams and other DevOps team members, and Realization/Support teams to deploy new functionality and solve critical issues while improving the customer experience.
Skills & Requirements
• Cloud technologies experience, VMWare preferred, Azure or AWS a plus.
• Linux system engineering experience - 3+ years.
• 3+ years' experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
• Experience with source control repository systems, Git preferred.
Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing. TeamCity, Nexus preferred.
• Design and implement cloud-based environment replication and auto-scaling functionality to enable zero downtime deploys and expand scalability.
• Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including virtual machine instantiation, continuous integration, automated builds, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing.
• Collaborate with Development and SQA to define and maintain release and continuous integration processes and frameworks.
• Provide configuration management and build services for applications. Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
• Proactively analyze and improve our application deployments to include automated deployments in a continuous deployment infrastructure.
• Collaborate with Operations group to build effective monitoring of production systems.
• Investigate and contribute to solving various development, test, and production environment issues.
• Provide collaborative conduit between IT Operations, Development and SQA teams.
• Knowledge of Agile development process from build through deployment.
• Experience with Test Automation and/or Performance Analysis.
• Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliance with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA).
• Windows Server and Network administration experience.
• Linux administration experience.
• Linux core build experience.
• Understanding of backup and disaster recovery processes and configuration.
• Jira, Confluence exposure/knowledge.
• Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems, self-starter.
• Ability to understand complex, interdependent software systems.
• Strong communicator and a passion to work with others to achieve team goals.
• Strong customer focus, business acumen and results orientation.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.