Walker & Dunlop Investment Partners
WDIP is seeking a Director for its asset management team with responsibility for growing and streamlining the institutional asset management process.
The Director, together with a staff of several WDIP professionals, will drive the management of WDIP investments from acquisition through disposition. WDIP has a very collaborative culture and is looking for an individual who understands the importance of proactive communications, both internally and externally.
WDIP is looking for a highly motivated individual who has a deep understanding of real estate equity investment.
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
What you will be doing:
The education and experience we're looking for:
- Coordinate with sponsors to execute property-level business plans
- Monitor and analyze property performance compared to budget, underwriting and overall market conditions
- Monitor local market fundamentals, including competitive set trends, new supply and sales comps
- Evaluate decisions regarding disposition timing and strategy and ensure cash flows are disbursed in accordance with the investment's operating agreement
- Track WDIP's gross IRR and multiple returns for individual investments
- Collaborate with acquisitions team prior to closing to finalize business plans, partnership and loan documents
- Prepare memos to document major decisions related to changes in the business plan, refinancing, and legal document amendments
- Review capital calls, distributions, and loan draw requests
- Maintain standardized reporting to track property and fund level performance, variances, and forecasting
- Prepare quarterly investor reports and property fair market valuations
- Ensure sponsor compliance with partnership operating documents
- Work with senior management to plan and implement strategic software integration to prepare for growth and expansion
What skills you should have:
- An undergraduate degree is required
- MBA or other graduate level degree a plus, but not mandatory
- 8-12 years private equity asset management experience
- Extensive analytical experience and ability
- Deep and demonstrable working knowledge of real estate concepts, markets, trends and issues
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications iLevel software experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage (and/or effectively delegate) multiple projects and responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours/overtime
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.
This job has expired.