At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Director, Brand Engagement is a member of the Access Services Strategy Leadership Team and is the leader of the Respiratory & Immunology Brand Engagement function for the Access Services business. The Director is accountable for identifying brand needs, overseeing the development of strategic Access Services brand plans and patient experience strategies, and will serve as a strategic advisor to brands and internal stakeholders on patient access programs, patient experience programs, reimbursement support, and other customer initiatives.
This position will report into the Sr. Director of Access Services Strategy and will work in close partnership with other members of Access Services team, AZ brand teams, along with cross-functional partners and with external potential partners.
This position is based at our Wilmington, DE campus. Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess marketplace trends and design, develop, and implement Access Services strategy and planning in cohesion with Brand and/or Therapeutic Area-specific patient experience strategy and tactics across programs; be instrumental in expanding relationships with Market Access, AZ Commercial, and Medical functions.
- Leads, coaches, and develops a team of Brand Engagement Associate Directors
- Serves a point-of-contact for partnerships and alliances for therapeutic area or brands.
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ Finance and Accounting requirements and consistent with brand planning cycle.
- Effectively manages agency relationships, ensuring programs are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of AZ's activities related to Patient Support/Access Programs.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 years of related work experience managing business responsibilities and patient support branded or medical programs for brands in the pharmaceutical space.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all aspects of access and reimbursement, patient support, field reimbursement, and affordability programs.
- Ability to build and lead teams and manage people development.
- Strategic planning and execution skills with an ability to manage multiple projects in parallel with strong relationship management skills.
- Budget management experience.
- MBA, or related degree, with Product (Commercial or Medical) launch experience
- Experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry e.g., field account management, field reimbursement, managed care marketing, customer service & hub operations, etc.
- Several years of proven experience working with or in a Patient Access contact center
- Experience in relevant Therapy Area
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.