• Design and institute a sustainable, structured communication strategy, framework, and plan that organizes and drives targeted messaging for specific audiences on an intentional cadence; establish a drumbeat of strategic messaging to enable awareness, understanding, enrollment, and transformation; develop repeatable method for connecting the dots between communications artifacts to ensure consistency and integration of key messages.• Create a measurement framework to assess value and efficacy of communications plans and products; create structures for continuous improvement and reduced meetings.
• Develop broad and deep understanding of digital strategy and Center for Digital Health (CDH) people, vision, mission, plans, priorities, and products. Anticipate implications and advise on communication requirements resulting from strategic decisions and day-to-day CDH activities as an ad-hoc participant in senior CDH Leadership Team meetings.
• Lead team of direct reports and matrixed team members to collaboratively translate CDH objectives into compelling, change-sensitive communication products that reflect and affirm the digital culture that CDH is creating and that meets the needs of the various internal and external audiences that CDH serves. Lead effort to extrapolate in an ongoing manner the key communication objectives and themes from CDH plans, materials, meetings, and current progress/issues.
• Designs and develops presentations and other artifacts for specific high-priority executive communications as needed.
• Ensure quality, effectiveness, and digital savvy of communication products for stakeholders and partners outside CDH.
• Handle confidential information appropriately; advise CDH Leadership Team on sensitive communications as needed, including issues
• Expertise in all facets of internal and external communications, including passion for thoughtful experimenting with new techniques and technologies to engage specific audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and grow people in a highly matrixed and complex environment; proven success in effective decision-making that unites teams and drives progress toward ambitious goals while managing ambiguity, risk, and uncertainty.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and capture the essence of complex information in order to discern key messages quickly.
• Experience in successfully managing stakeholders in complex, matrixed, and strategic initiatives.
• Expert story-telling skills. Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
• Strong interpersonal and active listening skills; ability to quickly establish high-trust relationships and facilitate group/team activities.
• Servant leader; gifted collaborator with cultural competency and strong emotional intelligence; commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and strong skills in negotiation, change, and conflict management.