NOTE: this position can be located in Europe or Canada or Singapore
This individual will report into the Sr Director Global Market Access & Pricing and will be responsible for leading the development of global market access strategies to ensure the successful launch and growth of assets in key Otsuka markets around the world. He/she will generate and synthesize global payer insights for the identification and delivery of payer oriented market access strategy to include data needs that meet the payer's value thresholds (e.g. HTA agencies, institutions and patients) to optimize positive access and pricing outcomes that align to brand strategy and positioning. This will include identifying payer unmet needs, development of payer value proposition, identifying payer data gaps in collaboration with Global Medical Affairs and Global Value & Real World Evidence, aligning access strategy with commercial positioning, pricing and reimbursement strategy, access schemes, country launch sequencing, and informing labeling. In support of the above, he/she will lead the Integrated Market Access and Pricing Sub-Committee (iMAxP) and be a key member of the Global Brand Team, Value and Evidence Sub Committee, Product Development Committee. Commercialized products and pipeline product candidates are under the scope of this role.
Core responsibilities include:
- Generate and synthesize global payer insights to understand/meet the needs of payers in key Otsuka markets
- Lead global market research, payer ad boards to uncover payer insights and needs
- Lead the creation of market access and pricing strategy in collaboration with Regional market access leads including by market/ archetype as needed to optimize reimbursement and the business opportunity
- Consult Regional market access leads on their insights and collaborate to develop strategy
- Lead pricing strategic options for responsible assets. Collaborate with Director Global Pricing to understand and identify implications based on policies and analyses to select optimal approach for existing and pipeline assets. and that outline a "dispensation" process for pricing below floor and the execution of timely price adjustments based on Regional needs
- Optimize launch sequence and support negotiation strategy as needed
- Refine strategy throughout lifecycle based on additional data, market events, competition, opportunities and challenges
- Lead development of payer value proposition based on generated insights and data that can be customized by key Otsuka markets
- Work with Global Clinical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, Global Value & Real World Evidence and Global Regulatory Affairs, to provide input into clinical strategy early in product development to support local market access and pricing at launch
- Collaborate with Global Medical Affairs, Global Value & Real-World Evidence to develop data strategy that supports local business needs, including publication plan
- Support development of Global Value Dossier
- Deliver core materials pre-launch and Life Cycle Management including access strategy supported by payer insights, core payer value proposition across disease and product, pricing corridors
- Ensure utility of deliverables through local market feedback, and external research
- Collaborate with Director Global Pricing on analyses and generation of market access & pricing insights and analyses to communicate the price/access trade offs and implications to inform long term strategy, Life Cycle Management, and Business Development assessments
- Represent the 'payer voice' at cross-functional team and governance bodies to support key Otsuka markets
- Support Regional markets in addressing market access, price and reimbursement challenges
- Establish guidance to Regional markets and global brand teams to optimize price, access and reimbursement.
- Continually update Regional market access teams with emerging data, competitive events and payer requirements
- Provide opportunities for sharing of best practices and initiatives
- Identify and manage budget needs and consultants to support strategy development
- Foster a culture of collaboration, ethics and integrity that ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations
- Advanced degree in related health economic, scientific or business discipline (PH.D, MD or MBA)
- 12+ years of relevant experience in healthcare environment, preferably pharmaceutical industry or related consulting services
- Demonstrated experience in the conception, development and execution of market access plans globally with a proven track record of commercializing and launching products
- Knowledge of global market dynamics (ie., US, Europe, Asia)
- Knowledge and understanding of drug development process
- Strategic thinker who can connect the dots across functions and find practical solutions
- Ability to work across multiple functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a global, matrix organization.
- Executive presence; able to effectively represent the Company internally and externally
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.