TCS Education System is seeking a Director, Information Security to join the Information Technology department.
The Director, Information Security is responsible for the technology secure posture of TCS System organization and its affiliate schools. This role works across teams to assess risks and drive best practices to mitigate threats and maintain a proactive and integrated approach to protecting information assets. They person will act as a peer to other technology leaders, assisting teams with best practices and driving standards that will be a priority to implement.
This role is both a supporter and influencer of security best practices throughout the organization. It requires interaction and credibility with technical and non-technical staff in order to bring about improvements to our security practices.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a person to establish a dedicated IT security function within a growing, vibrant technology landscape that affects over 10,000 students. Director, Information Security will report to the CIO and have two direct reports to support security initiatives.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assessing existing security capabilities throughout the corporate organization and schools and prioritizing gaps to fill.
* Forming and driving IT security initiatives throughout the organization.
* Managing security vendors that perform security and vulnerability assessments and audits, such as network penetration tests.
* Acting as a subject matter expert for security related issues and questions.
* Working with the infrastructure, desktop, and applications teams to align technology design choices with security priorities.
* Responding to compliance-related queries as they apply to information security and risk.
* Being a key stakeholder in resolving identified security threats and events in the environment, working across IT teams to assure resolution.
* Conducting security reviews of technology products being introduced into the environment.
* Establishing a reporting process for security events and threats in the TCS System.
* Being a key stakeholder and/or owner in Business Resumption and Disaster Recovery efforts.
* Coaching and mentoring other IT staff on security practices.
* Fluency in emerging industry IT security trends, threats, and best practices.
* Broad knowledge of IT, understanding the function and integration of infrastructure and application technologies.
* Excellent business writing skills.
* Presentation skills to all levels of audience.
* Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively across the organization.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a related major, such as computer science, information technology, engineering, cyber security or business technology.
* 6+ years of hands-on information technology experience in one or more of the following areas: network security and administration, edge security protection, database administration, server administration, desktop administration, development operations, data center operations.
* 3+ years running enterprise-wide IT projects or initiatives.
Certifications or Licensure:
Security certifications are a plus, but not required (e.g., CISM, CISSP).
Project Management and Business Analysis certifications are a plus, but not required (e.g., PMP, PBA).
Ability to travel to schools domestically or internationally, as needed. Travel is anticipated to be less than 20% but could be higher depending on projects.
Ability to perform sedentary work
Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
Compensation & BenefitsThis opportunity is budgeted at $120,000 - 140,000 base compensation. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 2 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our