About the role
The Director of Acquisition Accounting ("Director") will be a cross functional role focused on managing all finance and accounting issues relating to the Company's acquisitions. The individual will be involved in many aspects of the Company's processes for M&A and special projects, with a focus on technical accounting (e.g Purchase Price Accounting (PPA)), integration, post close treasury and accounting management and the related processes. The individual will interact regularly with Corporate Development, Integration, Legal, Real Estate and other functions of Finance to ensure the seamless close, accounting, and integration of transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage all aspects of accounting for AEG acquisitions from pre-close until they are fully integrated into the company's core POS, accounting, treasury and tax processes
* Manage team of accounting professionals working with legacy accounting, AR/AP, and treasury systems and processes
* Perform technical accounting research and properly document accounting positions for complex acquisition transactions.
* Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed transaction agreements
* In-depth review of business combination valuations and purchase price allocation to ensure that scope, methodology and key assumptions are understood and supportable
* Work collaboratively with the Corporate Development, Real Estate, FP&A, Accounting, and external valuation specialists to complete and account for comprehensive business valuations for acquisitions
* Work with sellers to manage the transition of legacy vendors, either to the core AP process or through shutdown/discontinuation
* Manage the process to ensure AEG has access to treasury activity of seller accounts and access to pull / sweep funds as appropriate
* Coordinate the transfer of invoices from seller vendors to AEG for those expenses that are AEG responsibility
* Manage the timely reconciliation of seller legacy bank accounts receiving company payments, and work with sellers to facilitate timely transfer of company funds from seller-controlled accounts
* Coordinate the transition of practice to AEG bank system and credit card terminals
* Provide valuation and accounting support for other complex and unusual transactions including inventory, accounts receivables, collectability estimates, payables, net working capital reviews, asset impairments, real estate and leasing transactions, among others
* Analyze and recommend process improvements to the operationalization and implementation of accounting requirements for acquisitions
* Support the audits for M&A transactions, AR, Inventory, and any other areas needed
* Work closely with AEG legal and Integration team on all aspects of Accounting Integration and updates to the purchase agreement, transition services agreement and other documents between AEG and seller
* Determine appropriate staffing matrix for the accounting support team, utilizing a mix of full time permanent and also temporary staff as necessary
* Facilitate smooth integration of new acquisitions into the business.
* Resolving complex accounting matters that may arise
* Directly report to the Controller and will assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing special projects and process improvements as required
* Support accounting team for monthly close process, reporting, audit, and other special projects as required