webmaster 0Director of DEI and Title IX Posted June 22, 2021 · Add Comment
Reporting to the Vice President of People and Support/Chief Diversity and Title IX Officer, the Director of DEI and Title IX will provide vision, direction, and leadership in collaboration with other campus partners to support and build upon our belief that everyone has a seat and a voice at the table. This position will lead our campus-wide initiatives for DEI/Title IX and other key cultural initiatives in coordination with the VP to promote vibrant campus experiences for Barton employees and students and to meet the programmatic and compliance/procedural needs of the College.
- Creates, implements, assesses, oversees, and modifies programming related to DEI, Title IX, and employee relations to increase the recruitment, matriculation, retention, and graduation of our students and the recruitment, retention, and development of our employees.
- Assists in developing, revising, and overseeing College policies, procedures, protocols, and practices.
- Prepares annual statistics report on the number, nature, and disposition of complaints, identifies patterns, and makes recommendations relating to sexual harassment/assault, DEI, and employee relations matters. Coordinates reporting via Maxient system and is responsible for compiling information each year for the Campus Safety Report (Clery Reporting).
- Stays abreast of current events and regulations/statutes related to DEI/Title IX/Employee Relations and recommends best-practice responses for consideration.
- Coordinates engagement with the VP regarding external/internal organizations, groups, and support entities that help advance the College's mission and overall objectives of the People and Support Division.
- Serves as the Title IX Coordinator for the College and ensures compliance with federal and state laws relating to sexual harassment and violence prevention.
- Serves as the intake officer, along with Deputy Coordinators, for all discrimination reports including Title IX infractions.
- Trains faculty, staff, and students on relevant areas to promote a culture of inclusion, engagement, and also compliance with respective laws and regulations.
- Assists in monitoring the effectiveness of the College's diversity, inclusion, and multi-cultural recruiting efforts; makes recommendations to assist, develop programming, and participate in enhancing these practices.
- Works closely with Enrollment Management and academic areas to ensure that diverse students matriculate successfully to graduation.
- Helps to ensure the College's culture, environment, and approach in all areas are inclusive, respectful, and inviting to all. Helps employees and students to engage in on-going conversations that help break down barriers and foster a spirit of appreciation for both our differences and the areas that unite us.
- Other related duties/projects as required/assigned
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. required and relevant advanced degree and/or professional certification preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in a related field with at least three years of experience working with Title IX required.
- Working knowledge of state and federal civil rights laws and regulations including Title IX, VAWA, and the Clery Act.
- Effective project management, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate significant leadership in the conceptualization, organization, and implementation of DEI, Title IX, and employee relations initiatives across the College.
- The highest degree of ethics.
- A commitment to fairness and equity.
- An appreciation for the distinct mission, traditions, and culture of Barton College.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with all constituencies-staff, administration, and faculty-through genuine listening and communication skills that engender trust and support confidentiality.
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusion and ability to effectively address issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at email@example.com. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.