Job ID: 398199
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Oldcastle APG is looking to identify a Director of Human Resources for the corporate office. The role will be responsible for successfully executing, planning and implementing both tactical and strategic HR and Talent Management processes and initiatives for the APG Corporate office and Senior Leadership Team reporting directly to the Global VP of Human Resources for Oldcastle APG, Inc.
- HR Partner - partner with the Corporate VPs, CFO, CIO, National Sales & Marketing and other Company Leadership and staff to drive and execute the overall HR and Talent management strategies. Must have great internal customer focus and collaborative style
- Recruiting- workforce planning/development. Supporting Strategic Leadership Team with recruiting and succession efforts.
- Retention - assist Corporate Leadership professionals with performance management and employee development programs. Create an environment that supports our desire to be the "employer of choice" throughout the industry and the communities where we work and live.
- Training/Coaching - develop regional training programs to ensure employees and organizational needs are being met. Foster mentoring skills to create a culture of growth and development within the business and region.
- People Development - partnering with VP or HR and other Leadership on people development initiatives; developing strong present and future leadership talent within region.
- Employment Practices - ensure effective management processes and procedures that supports not only the letter of the law but the spirit of the law.
- Employee / Labor Relations - provide employee relations guidance and support to the Corporate Leaders/Directors/Managers to ensure an optimal environment exists for employees to perform at their best. Ensure legal compliance and consistency in the handling of employee matters. This may include, promotions, performance issues, terminations/disciplinary actions, layoffs/RIFs, EEO complaints/lawsuits, assist in union contract negotiations; identifying issues and proactively address them.
- Project Management Skill - Lead specific projects and initiatives to further build HR capability
What CRH Offers You
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources responsibility / experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of Human Resources management experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Master's degree, Professional certification(s) (PHR, SPHR or SHRM) and collective bargaining experience a plus.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Labor Relations, Employee Relations, HR Manager, Human Resources Director, Performance Management, Human Resources