Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Director of International Logistics who will develop and lead the strategy for export and import activities that support all of Mohawk's North American divisions. This role will support our operational leadership expand Mohawk's global footprint and brand awareness.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Manage operations of ocean and air freight, ensuring timely and accurate communication for all exporting and importing activities within the Mohawk North America Flooring Group
- Collaborate with global logistics representatives to ensure allocations are met with carriers
- Support internal teams on new projects by coordinating international shipments of parts, machinery, promotional materials, samples, wood, raw materials, etc.
- Utilize supply chain system to optimize customer containers
- Identify opportunities for cost savings by utilizing competitive spot quotes for air and ocean shipments
What you're good at:
- Bachelor's degree in international logistics, supply chain management, logistics, finance or a related discipline
- MBA (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience that includes business performance analysis and modeling
- Understanding of operating budgeting processes and financial modeling
- Project management experience that includes leading, organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines
- Communicating and negotiating effectively with internal and external customers
- Honing your ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas based on culture, audience and business needs
- Driving optimization and results through reporting and analytics
- Working collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team, with strong personal organization, poise and professionalism
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Leading a high-performance team with a positive attitude, professionalism and inclusive mindset
- Understanding and leveraging technology to streamline operations, reduce costs, deliver an outstanding customer experience and drive process improvements
- While we're a primarily an in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time.
- We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market: