A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role has the flexibility for remote and/or hybrid work arrangement.
Reporting to the Global and U.S. Chief Compliance Officer Healthcare, the Senior Compliance Counsel will advise and support the Neurology and Immunology franchise in the U.S. as well as the Neurology & Immunology Global Business teams. The Senior Compliance Counsel will be empowered to lead and support the efforts to further develop the Company Compliance Program in the U.S. with focus on governance, risk assessment, policies and procedures, training, monitoring, investigations, and management as well as lead and support Global Healthcare initiatives within such Program elements.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Develop relationships with key collaborators throughout the Company and promote the Company Compliance Program
- Design, develop, and advance compliance training programs and processes that align to the expected organizational standards and ensure compliance awareness is maintained
- Act as a channel of communication to receive and direct global and local compliance information appropriately
- Partner with business leadership and other key customers to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria
- Identify promotional practice and related risk areas by assessing the execution of existing compliance programs
- Communicate with Business Partners on field-level activities to keep abreast of emerging issues at the regional level
- Identify gaps in sales and marketing team training programs through monitoring activities
- Support compliance investigations through collection of information and facilitation of interviews between investigations team and business partners and support implementation of corrective action measures
- Stay up to date of changes to laws and regulations with healthcare compliance related to promotional activities
- J.D. from an accredited law school and license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction with an ability to acquire a limited license to practice as in-house counsel in MA
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a Legal or Compliance function with a multi-national organization with specialization in Pharmaceutical compliance, law and regulations
- Experience supporting the neurology and/or immunology therapeutic areas, or oncology, or rare disease related products (launch, sale, and marketing)
- Senior level collaborator with ability to influence and gain consensus at the leadership level
What we offer:
- Established reputation for excellence in traits such as credibility, integrity, confidentiality, and trust
- Collaboratively work across department and geographies and encourage teamwork that respects backgrounds and culture diversity
- Innovative approach, creative problem solver
- Embracing new opportunities that will shape the future
- Participate in a feedback culture and take responsibility
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!Curious?
Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 249032
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.