Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
The Dispatcher assists the Office Manager in the overall operation of our facility. If you enjoy a fast-paced, high energy and seasonal manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as a Dispatcher for Scotts Miracle-Gro at our Rochester, NY plant. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the execution of all plant activities related to freight, including production scheduling, dispatching trucks, negotiating freight rates with contract carriers. This position is critical in ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of products to customers. The position directly impacts distribution cost to the company.This position has considerable impact upon the plant's contribution to the Growing Media division's overall performance and customer relations.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Coordinate Scotts and Growing Media freight ensuring maximum efficiency as well as timely deliveries.
- Negotiate freight rates with contract carriers.
- Maintain and processes all necessary records and paperwork to ensure that private fleet as well as contract carriers are in compliance with state, federal and local regulations. Confirm and/or process orders and bills of lading.
- Advise customers on delivery scheduling and order problems; develop production schedules in conjunction with the Production Supervisor; work with production personnel and other Growing Media Plants to coordinate shipments; responds to inquiries from customers, truck drivers, corporate personnel, etc.
- Cross train and fill in the general office duties such as scale operation, AP fill in, production entry fill in, inventory posting fill in or other general tasks as needed.
- Perform special projects and other office duties as requested.
- A High School Diploma
- Two years experience in a traffic or freight related field.
- Previous experience dispatching trucks
- Microsoft Office and computer skills
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.