Location: Richmond, VA
Reports to: Craig Maley
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. With one of the most modern and extensive fleets of portable cranes in the world, Maxim Crane can supply you with equipment with a range of capacities. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services, including transportation, risk management, safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry. With our expansive resources, we are a one-stop shop for your project needs.
Oversee the employees assigned to you to ensure optimal utilization of time and daily operational task. Maxim’s motto is “Whatever is takes” as the dispatcher in the branch it is imperative for you to display this attitude when communicating and dispatching the employees. We are here to provide a top-notch crane service that will ensure the customer will have no need to contact another crane company for their crane needs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Ensure employees leave the yard to make it 15 minutes early to every job and they have all support items such as radio’s, specialized rigging, and personnel.
* Spot check employees leaving yard to ensure proper paperwork has filled out prior to departure from the yard.
* Evaluate Crane fleet cleanliness, maintenance, and yard tasks to assign to the employees that do not have jobs out of the office.
* Review previous day Inspections and daily tickets for proper information. Check off that all inspections have been turned in and completed in the equipment file then file the paperwork in proper files. Turn in any discrepancies and service issues to the service department for repairs.
* Review ELD compliance for the cranes and tractors assigned to the Branch. Check daily logs for employee’s daily and weekly hours to ensure compliance.
* Assign daily tasks to employees the day before the job, Print JDS, lift plans and maps if needed for the employees. Place paperwork on the crane or employee clip boards for the following day. (Make phone calls and send text messages to each employee assigning each of them tasks providing a JDS or WO # for any task they are to perform.)
* Ensure permits, registration and insurance cards are up to date and accurate in the clipboards for each crane and tractor. Order Blanket and trip permits for each crane and truck to comply with FDOT laws.
* Draw bars assigning cranes, trucks, and employees to all jobs the day before to provide an accurate daily activity spread sheet.
* Perform weekly spot checks on rigging stock for cranes and warehouse stock.
* Check daily time sheets and job tickets before turning into office manager for payroll and billing.
* Participate with branch level with management meetings with dispatch, sales, service and safety to determine priorities for the following days.
* Provide Daily updates of availability to the sales and operations team.
* Work with sales team for lift plans and job details.
* Ensure all the items needed in the JDS are in the crane or set out for the crane operator to perform the job.
* Updating time bars in job cost and matching time sheets to job tickets.
* Order permits for the cranes and tractors to haul oversize overweight loads.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Francisco, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our