Job ID: 449180
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with sales department, shipping, receiving, customer, delivery truck services and the logistics operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare delivery tickets and related shipping documents
- Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Work closely with customer service to understand the product availability and logistic issues of specific projects
- Check and review all orders assigned before they are shipped against delivery tickets
- Coordinate deliveries with company truck drivers and external trucking companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to customers
- Work closely with independent truck drivers to ensure pick-up and delivery times, load weight compliance and secure loads
- Prepare and review loading/unloading, daily shipping reports and delivery logs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
What CRH Offers You
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience in related function
- At least 1-year of related experience
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent Mathematical and communication skills
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Temporary, Dispatcher, Transportation, Contract, Operations
This job has expired.