Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio of prescription medicines, aesthetics solutions and consumer care products. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin. For more information, please visit www.galderma.com
Distribution Center Operator position reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager; works in a team-oriented environment; performs activities such as receive, ship, distribute products and processes returned goods in compliance with company and regulatory procedures, guidelines and policies; performs job duties while demonstrating a high level of integrity and sense of urgency.
- Reads customer shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Performs shipping activities (such as pick, package, transfer, replenish, palletize, weigh and prepare orders) according to company guidelines and procedures.
- Performs receiving activities (such as receiving, putting away, transferring, replenishing and palletizing) according to predetermined sequence such as type or product code in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Performs returned goods processing according to company guidelines and procedures.
- Uses computer, scales or other equipment to enter records of weight or count of items for distribution, to mark materials with identifying information and record data on items received, shipped or sent to satisfy FIFO (first in, first out) procedures, cage less quarantine and the accurate storage and movement of inventories.
- Complies with customer specifications for shipping, packing or special handling.
- Operates and performs basic preventive maintenance on forklift or other materials handling equipment and uses it to transport stored items as needed (after successful completion of Galderma forklift training program)
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to work 1st shift 5am - 1:15pm required.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience within a corporate distribution center or similar environment.
- Experience within a pharmaceutical distribution environment preferred.
- Some experience on basic distribution center and warehousing equipment such as hand pallet jacks, powered riding pallet jacks, and dock stocker style forklifts is preferred.
Other Important Information
- Basic proficiency with MS Office( i.e. Outlook, Word, and Excel) and time management software experience desirable.
- Ability to operate multiline telephone and 10 key by touch.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency relating to procedures and systems.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written/verbal) and organizational / time management skills.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and sense of urgency.
- Ability to function effectively with a minimum of supervision.
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
This job has expired.
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
- Regular attendance is required and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions. Schedule varies based on workload and business needs; may include weekend and overtime hours.
- Attendance at company-sponsored meetings is required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.