Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are seeking an individual to be our Distribution Superintendent at our Ashtabula, OH facility.
Responsible for the day to day operations of distribution activities. Direct supervision of commercial drivers and maintenance personnel in a union environment. Implementation of safety programs, meeting fixed and variable cost commitments, execution of reliability programs, compliance with quality systems as well as government regulations required.
- Ensure product is delivered to customers safely and efficiently every day
- Direct supervision of distribution personnel which consists of approximately 15 employees.
- Responsible for the reliability of 20+ tractors and trailers
- Support of technology and information systems on vehicles (PeopleNet, safety features, etc.)
- Effective communication and teamwork with logistics on equipment issues and scheduling.
- Cost control to operating plan
- Ensures accuracy of lease and maintenance costs
- Ensure fleet permits are up to date and ongoing maintenance is kept current.
- Complete monthly driver evaluations.
- Maintain distribution and QA related documentation (training, records, forms, and documents)
- Audit driver payroll and ensures accurate execution of local union (Teamsters) contract
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new drivers to fill open positions
- Ensure the housekeeping of distribution areas is maintained
Long Term Objectives:
- Works with trucking group to resolve systemic equipment issues
- Implements safety policies and requirements
- LEAP Responder
- Ensure trucking alert bulletins are addressed and closed in a timely manner.
- Drive use of EAM for equipment maintenance and to track safety records
- Contribute to Praxair's productivity initiatives by finding and implementing cost reduction/lean/six sigma projects and ideas.
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience
- 2+ years of Distribution Management experience preferred
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.