Job ID: 293700
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
The role of the driver helper is to assist the driver with the glass and/or metal products to be delivered to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles; with the possibility of lay-overs. All driver helpers must complete 2 weeks of work with the truck loaders before starting their assignment as a helper. It is easier to unload a truck when a helper understands how and why it was loaded.
Regular and predictable attendance, safe performance of tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a position, the following conditions must be met:
- Ability to unload glass and aluminum up to 75 lbs., and assist with lifting and carrying glass and aluminum products up to 150 lbs
- Ability to squat, bend, twist and turn multiple times throughout the day, every day
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently
- Good customer relations skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including drug test, and criminal background checks
SIGCO/OBE truck-mounted forklifts, hand tools, tie-down devices, some power tools, calculator, tape measurer, handheld scanners, cameras, writing instruments, etc. Work Environment
What CRH Offers You
- Various types of weather
- Normal climate conditions of the region will also be present such as humidity, heat, and cold.
- Noise levels in the work environment (in truck or plant facility) can be moderate to high.
- Plant facility environment is subject to unusually warm temperatures during the summer months due to the heat generated by the glass tempering furnaces
- Within the plant facility, while the odors from glass cleaning, sealants, and other products are within acceptable levels, they nevertheless, can be smelled. Dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are also present within the atmosphere within the plant facility.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Sigco, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.