Job ID: 427000
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Driver role with us isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day.
If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle and load/unload glass and or/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service.
- Periodically help with loading products onto a truck for the next days' route.
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing through daily pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Maintain safe operations and clean personal appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations.
- Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs and truck performance forms.
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of our job.
What OBE Offers You
- At least 21 years old.
- Valid CDL Class A/B/C license obtained from a licensed truck driver training program, with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Minimum of two years driving a tractor and semi-trailer or a straight truck.
- Compliant with all other DOT requirements.
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification.
- Ability to accurately complete log book and all other assigned necessary paperwork as per DOT regulations
- Ability to read and interpret mathematical measurements and be able to effectively use a tape measure.
- Good customer relations and people skills.
- Clean driving record over the last three years with no tickets or accidents. No major traffic violations on driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs unassisted.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.