Driver/Equipment Operator - Grand Island, NE

Grand Island, Nebraska

Posted in Building and Construction

This job has expired.

Job Info

Job ID: 481767

As a major supplier of aggregates in Nebraska since 1921, Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has a long history as a mainstay of construction and development projects throughout the state - even supplying aggregates for one of Nebraska's very first concrete paving projects.

Position Overview

The Driver/Equipment Operator is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs. This position will be a hybrid position. Approximately 60% of the time driving a commercial vehicle (CDL Required) as a Truck Driver (Dump Truck) hauling aggregates and the other 40% this position will be an Equipment Operator responsible for running equipment at our mining facility.

Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)

  • Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials.
  • Performs daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
  • Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operation of all equipment prior to use.
  • Load and unload equipment or materials.
  • Operate dredge to excavate sand and gravel from lake bottom.
  • Conduct a complete pre- and post-shift safety inspection, ensuring all systems are functioning properly.
  • Monitor density and flow meters to maintain maximum feed rate to the processing plant.
  • Constant monitoring of controls, gauges, and depth meters to ensure optimal dredge operation.
  • Visually monitor production area for changes in material quality.
  • Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment.
  • Obey applicable laws
  • Must keep vehicle and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
  • Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
  • Other duties as assigned.

  • Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
  • Two years of related tractor/trailer driving experience preferred
  • Must maintain a CDL class A llicense.

Work Requirements
  • Must be 18 years in age or older.
  • Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
  • MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
  • Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
  • Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
  • Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.

What CRH Offers You
  • Highly competitive base pay
  • Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
  • Group retirement savings program
  • Health and wellness programs
  • A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion

About CRH

CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.

If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!

Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.

EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.

Date: Jun 14, 2023

Nearest Major Market: Grand Island
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Facilities, Manufacturing, Operations

This job has expired.

More Building and Construction jobs

Nashville, Tennessee
Posted about 1 hour ago

Atlanta, Georgia
Posted about 1 hour ago

Lenexa, Kansas
Posted 14 minutes ago

Get Hired Faster

Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!

*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Terms and Privacy Policy.