Early Childhood Coach
Start Date: Aug 31, 2023
Salary: $90 K - $110 K annually
Position Vacancy - Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center) Part time or full time
Summary Position: Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street College of
Education (the College) created to support the College's work with school districts, is currently seeking an Early Childhood Coach to provide face-to-face (in-person) coaching to early childhood educators working with children age 2 to age 8. They will work closely with Project Directors and Ed Center leadership to provide coaching in alignment to the Bank Street approach and Ed Center's coaching model.
Key relationships: The Early Childhood Coach will report directly to the Project Director leading the project team and will work closely with members of the partner organization and broader Ed Center team.
Responsibilities: In collaboration with their supervisor, the Early Childhood Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Creating a coaching plan for assigned sites.
- Providing direct, in-person coaching sessions at sites, using an instructional coaching model (plan,co-teach, debrief).
- Engaging in collaborative work with teacher teams and encouraging expanded learning by allowing other teachers to observe/participate in coaching.
- Co-facilitating adult professional learning sessions with teachers and leaders.
- Working with the project's data analyst to identify coaching goals, logs, tools, & other strategies in order to measure the impact of coaching work across the lifespan of the project.
- Completing coaching logs following site visits and providing coaching updates to the team in weekly meetings/check-in structures.
- Maintaining clear and consistent communication with teachers, leaders, Ed Center staff, and agency partners to ensure timely delivery and expectations of coaching.
- Supporting content development and facilitation for professional learning.
- Reflecting on coaching experiences with Ed Center staff members in order to support the continued strengthening of the Ed Center coaching model; and performing related duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Background in curriculum, instruction, professional development and/or assessment in early childhood teaching and learning.
- Expertise in middle grades math concepts, particularly in the NYC Public Schools education landscape.
- Comfort in Google Suite (e.g., Docs, Sheets, Slides, forms); Qualtrics or other data-capturing tool.
- Strong communications skills (email, writing, in-person).
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of quickly changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & codify key coaching tools.
- Demonstrated ability to surface themes & key learnings across a coaching portfolio.
- Demonstrated learning stance.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with experienced educators, school leaders, and district/organization teams.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching and/or school leadership and/or district leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop teachers/teacher teams.
- Experience designing and facilitating professional learning sessions.
- Experience working with diverse and historically marginalized students at the classroom, school, or district/organization level.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to self-initiate professional learning opportunities
- An intersectional, anti-racist lens and strengths-based approach to racial equity and identity work and team collaboration.
- A culturally responsive perspective to child and adult development and Learning.
- A reflective learner's stance.
$90,000 - $110,000 Application information:
- This position is contingent upon available funding.
- Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume for the position in the "Job Opportunities" section on Bank Street's website:
- Please address cover letters to:
Senior Director of Partnerships, Bank Street Education Center
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- In your cover letter, please include where you came across this job posting
BANK STREET COLLEGE OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS
EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND OTHER COLLEGE ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.Notice to Applicant: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
We appreciate your interest in employment at Bank Street College of Education. We would like to note that the College has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
For additional information regarding our policy on the COVID-19 vaccination, click .
This job has expired.