Posted in Education and Training
Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Social Work/Mental Health
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Provides direct psychological, social and practical care to a select caseload of patients and families including social work assessments, problem identification, goal setting and implementation of care plans. Makes referrals to outside agencies and coordinates continuity of care. Works collaboratively with and provides leadership with the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes. Serves as a clinical resource expert in a specialty area. Provides clinical oversight and consultation in the absence of the Clinical Social Worker III/Director. Must focus in the area of clinical practice, education or research. Functions as a mentor for others. May be expected to provide on-call coverage, as needed.
MSW degree from an accredited school of social work.
Must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at the LCSW or LCSW-C level.
Is licensed to practice social work in another state or possesses social work qualifications in another jurisdiction comparable and
Meets requirement established by the Board in regulations and
Has an application for a license pending before the Board or
Has successfully passed an examination or examinations prescribed by the Board pertinent to the license sought.
Required Work Experience:
2 years or more of licensed clinical social work experienced in a mental health/health care setting. Internship may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of biopsychosocial and cultural elements of clinical social work practice.
- Knowledge of procedures, systems, and organizational objectives used within social work.
- Effective knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to gather relevant data to synthesize and summarize information in making judgments regarding patient care.
- Knowledge of the medical and psychosocial sequelae of course of illness and impact on social functioning (may be specific to patient population).
- Knowledge of relevant community resources commensurate with illness, symptoms, mental status and impairments in functioning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate/exchange and interact effectively and professionally with hospital staff, agency health care professionals, patients and families.
- Proficiency and skill in providing social work services in a mental health/health care setting.
- Analytical ability to assess patient needs, develop associated treatment plans and deliver effective interventions.
- Ability to identify organization obstacles and make recommendations to improve patient care.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and practice in a mental health/health care setting.
- Analytical ability to assess patient needs at a micro and macro level, develop associated treatment modalities at a more complex level and provide effective counseling.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/ed-social-work-social-work-mental-health-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-617757-8b316/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1a304569aa710a44a16dcdf20ab15025
*By registering with our site, you agree to our