Editor-in Chief, Cell Chemical Biology
We are looking for a dynamic individual with editorial and publishing expertise to fill a leadership role at Cell Chemical Biology.
As the Editor-in-Chief of Cell Chemical Biology, you will assume overall responsibility for determining the journal's scientific scope and editorial direction as well as being responsible for ensuring the quality and quantity of the research articles published in Cell Chemical Biology. You will be expected to attend scientific meetings and build a broad network of domestic and international contacts. The Editor-in Chief will also need to develop and foster partnerships with other editorial teams at Cell Press, as well as members of the production, marketing, press and advertising teams, and to contribute to the overall publishing strategy of Cell Press.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop and shape the newly in-housed Cell Chemical Biology and be part of the vibrant and growing Cell Press journal portfolio.
The position is based in Cambridge, MA, where the Cell Press offices are located, and will report to a Publishing Director at Cell Press.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing and executing on an overall strategy for Cell Chemical Biology
- co-management of a junior editor
- assessing submitted research papers
- overseeing the peer review process for direct submissions and transferred contributions
- making decisions on manuscripts in collaboration with the editorial team
- developing a strong working relationship with the external advisory editorial board
- developing deep networks within the communities served by the journal
- recruiting exciting papers within the scope of the journal
- managing the article pipeline and front matter for the journal
- collaborating on production workflows, marketing, social media and website
- providing excellent author service and driving article transfer within the Cell Chemical Biology journal ecosystem.
The qualified candidate is expected to have:
- a Ph.D. in any area of biology with journal relevant subject matter expertise/experience
- 4+ years of editorial experience
- broad interest across the full spectrum of biology
- project and/or people management skills
- strong organizational skills
- strong written and oral communication skills
- interest in engaging with the scientific community
- previous management experience is beneficial but not required
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits
- Opportunity to advance within the organization among many divisions (worldwide)
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the job. An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.