EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, POINT OF CARE CONTENT
Elsevier is a leading provider of information solutions for healthcare and research professionals around the world and operates within the company RELX Group. Elsevier's mission is to lead the way in advancing science, technology, and health. It provides over 25% of the world's clinical content, serving 9,000 hospitals globally and over 20 million healthcare professionals, including health executives, nurses, physicians, and pharmacists, by integrating evidence-based content into the care delivery process, driving better clinical decisions and improved patient outcomes. Elsevier's ability to consistently provide its high level of evidence- based content and resources is made possible by strong partnerships with the science and health communities and leading Societies & Associations, HIT vendors, resellers, and suppliers.
Elsevier is part of RELX group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom half are in North America.
Clinical Solutions is a division of Elsevier that is focused on innovation in helping healthcare professionals globally to improve clinical outcomes by reducing unwarranted variability in care. Our products align with all stages of the longitudinal patient journey, offering providers and patients integrated decision support and information solutions. We offer reference solutions to help providers make better, more informed clinical decisions in all care settings. Our team is building the next-generation of integrated clinical workflow solutions with clinical pathways, leveraging our industry leading evidence-based content.
Editor-in-Chief for Point-of-Care, Digital Content, Clinical Solutions
Elsevier's Clinical Solutions is looking for a Physician for the position of Editor-in-Chief of our Point-of-Care content as part of our Digital Content Team. The Editor-in-Chief serves a key role in creating and maintaining clinical excellence in our evidence-based clinical decision support content. Elsevier's Point-of-Care content includes the Clinical Overviews, a critical resource within the ClinicalKey search engine that is used globally, as well as other content that supports physicians and other clinicians in their clinical workflow. You will partner with other team leaders to support an overall clinical content curation and development strategy from literature surveillance through final production. You will report into the Executive Editor-in-Chief of Digital Content and work frequently with the Editors-in-Chief of Drug Information and of Nursing, Allied Heath Practice and Patient Education. In addition, you will work closely with the Content Strategy, Content Editing & Quality, and Operational Transformation teams. You will also collaborate with key stakeholder groups within Clinical Solutions including Product, Informatics, Technology, Commercial, Marketing and Sales, to deliver targeted business outcomes.
- Drive the development and maintenance of digital clinical decision support content that supports physicians and other clinicians in the clinical workflow.
- Lead a team of five physician editors to write, edit, and update digital point-of-care content. Evaluate and support the development of team members' skills and roles. Ensure that content is clearly written and well organized.
- Execute the editorial workflow and roadmap to continuously maintain and publish current content across the Clinical Solutions portfolio.
- Ensure that content is evidence-based, keeps up with the pace of medical information, and meets the highest quality standards.
- Evaluate and interpret the medical literature, guidelines, and other clinical information sources.
- Focus on meeting our users' varied needs for clinical information, including across different clinical contexts, global settings, mobile platforms, and electronic medical records. This includes being innovative and localizing the content, clinical focus, and format.
- Keep current with practicing clinicians' information needs and workflow: changes in clinical practice, electronic medical records, regulatory and quality standards, and continuing medical education requirements.
- Recruit and collaborate with expert physician authors, editors, and reviewers and critically review content they produce for (i) scientific and clinical accuracy and appropriateness (ii) compliance with editorial policies and processes and (iii) consistency in content across related topics within the content portfolio.
- Create and maintain point of care content and data, in adherence with Elsevier editorial policies, industry standard ontologies/clinical terminologies, and interoperable/integratable with Clinical Solutions products as well as current electronic medical record systems.
- Collaborate with content team leaders, including Editors-in-Chief of pharmacy, nursing, and allied health content and editorial operations and content strategy teams.
- Collaborate with content teams across Clinical Solutions, this may include review and quality assurance of order set content, patient education content, clinical pathways, or other types of clinical content.
- Collaborate with teams within Clinical Solutions (e.g., Product, Commercial, Informatics, Marketing, Sales, etc.) and Elsevier to create and drive the strategy for point-of-care content and provide insight based on clinical experience and expertise.
- Some travel to attend approved conferences, other internal Elsevier meetings, or other meetings will be required. Active participation (participation in workgroups, committees, collaboration groups) in thought leadership organizations within area of specialty is supported and encouraged.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Physician (MD or DO) who has completed residency training and a minimum of five years of clinical practice in an academic clinical institution in the U.S. Preference is given to those who are currently or recently in academic clinical practice.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to train editors and review content to adhere to highest quality standards.
- Ability to evaluate current and evolving clinical information needs and to develop and execute content strategy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with editors across physician, pharmacist, nursing, and allied health teams, with other content team members, with external authors and editors, and with Commercial and Product and other Elsevier teams.
- Training in the principles and application of evidence-based practice.
- Preference is given to those with experience with review of clinical questions and application to clinical practice as part of clinical oversight team at a healthcare institution.
- Demonstrated skills in reading, writing, and synthesizing scientific research material including evaluation and summarizing of research findings, data extraction, and critical appraisal of the literature.
- Preference is given to those with experience writing and editing point-of-care clinical content.
- Strong writing skills with a clear concise style and excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling. High computer competency and an ability to learn to use new editorial software applications. High computer skill competency. Excellent command of the English language in both spoken and written forms.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills, and accuracy; ability to multi-task and prioritize work and be flexible depending upon workflow.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and ability to produce consistently high-quality work within tight deadlines.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com
This job has expired.