Electrical Design Engineer (relo to MI) Headquartered in MI with offices around the world, we are a global leader in medical device technology listed as one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity!
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to be responsible for a wide variety of engineering work in support of current production medical devices including design changes, process/quality improvements and compliance issues. This person will support and conduct root cause analysis, verification and validation testing, manufacturing transfer activities, & component obsolescence management for existing RF/Wireless products.
Top Reasons to Work with Us - HYBRID (onsite 2-3 days per week in Portage, MI)
- Competitive Base
- Annual Bonus
- Upfront relocation to the Portage, MI area paid in full
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Stock-based plans
- PTO, Sick leave, Holidays, Parental leave
- Stable organization with a great track record of career growth, cutting-edge tech, and employee retention
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Real R&D on products that help save lives and enable better care
- Opportunity to work both independently and as part of a larger team with various levels of responsibilities
- Ability to partake in our campus and all it offers
What You Will Be Doing * Design and develop electrical components for medical devices, apply circuit and electrical system test methods, and assist with prototyping and bench testing
* Travel to hospitals to support wireless systems integration, root cause analysis of any failures and resolve issues + provide onsite/remote support to service /installation teams for wireless systems
* Conduct research and studies to support product design
* Work closely with manufacturing and other cross functional partners to support day to day manufacturing and sourcing
* Develop and maintain expertise on the latest applicable wireless standards (Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth/BLE, 802.15.4, etc)
* Support Quality & Service teams for analysis of customer complaints related to product failures & provide solutions to resolve the same
* Travel to customers as needed to better understand and solve ongoing field issues
* Work on engineering change orders and own design change from root cause analysis to implementation
* Support and engage with New Product Development teams for design on new products
* Design circuits including Schematic Capture, Layout, Simulation and Failure Mode Analysis for PCBAs, Cables and other electromechanical components
* Analyze & test for electromagnetic compliance, reliability, safety, cost and design for manufacturing / assembly / test
* Work with electrical tools like DMM, Oscilloscope, Network and spectrum analyzers & product specific test fixtures
What You Need for this Position Required:
* BSEE or related
* 2+ years of experience
* Knowledge of wired interface protocols, including I2C, UART, RS-232, RS-485, CAN, SPI, LVDS, Ethernet, and DRAM interfaces
* Knowledge of standard wireless communication protocols, such as Bluetooth/BLE 802.15.4, RFID, and Wi-Fi 802.11 including standards, requirements, and testing
* Ability to utilize simulation tools including Pspice and PCBA layout tools to implement robust and effective interface solutions
* Ability to work closely with software, mechanical, and electrical engineering disciplines to implement EMC best practices and execute testing at internal/external labs
* Proficiency in the hardware, software and troubleshooting techniques to develop and debug wireless communication interfaces
So if you are an Electrical Design Engineer with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!