At Motiva Enterprise LLC., our key asset is our people. We have over 2,500 dedicated employees who allow us to fulfill our purpose - to be the safest and most profitable downstream company in the Americas. We own and operate North America's largest refinery, based in Port Arthur, TX, headquartered in Houston, TX, along with Terminals and Pipelines across the Southeast Coast.
As an Electrical Engineer - Projects, the successful candidate will provide electrical technical assurance for the Capital Project Engineering Team. This role will assure electrical power equipment designs are safe, clean, reliable, and provide acceptable life cycle cost. The goal of this role is flawless startup, safe operation, and effective maintenance of electrical equipment.
Experience and Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Perform in Project Team setting as Electrical Engineer
- Collaborate with production support unit electrical engineers and inspectors to identify project scope
- Provide technical support to project Electrical Inspectors
- Support front end business development team in scoping projects
- Develop Electrical Basis of Design for Capital Projects
- Assure technical requirements of purchase orders
- Recommend capital spare parts purchase where appropriate
- Attend/witness factory acceptance testing and field testing
- Assure unwitnessed factory and field test reports
- Perform Management of Change reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment
- Provide electrical equipment technical assurance support to Project Engineering and other technical groups
- Ensure delivery of project related documents
- Ensure project related documents are uploaded in document management system
- Lead/Participate in incident investigations
- Participate in on call rotation as scheduled
- Provide feedback to Central Technology Manager of Power Systems and continually improve Motiva Engineering Practices
- Coordinate with Motiva personnel and contractors to provide resolution via Request for Information process
- Ensure Electric Power systems are designed in accordance with Industry standards, Motiva Engineering Practices, and in compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements
- Safe and Flawless equipment energization by design
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant petrochemical, refining, or manufacturing experience covering all aspects of design and engineering in the electrical discipline
- Knowledge of Principles of Electrical Equipment and Power System design
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards and best practices
- Knowledge of Project Processes
- Experience with high voltage design
- Experience with SKM modeling software
- Experience with Wonderware or SCADA systems
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.