Job ID: 320559
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position will be responsible for analyzing and correcting electrical problems and repairing and overhauling electrical equipment and controls.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain all electrical components at company locations including plants, scale houses and mechanic shop.
- Follow directions of supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Vocational school or junior technical college training in electronics.
- Satisfactory completion of formal apprenticeship or completion of in-plant, four year training program to satisfaction of the plant training committee.
- State license required (Grade III) for Installation and Industrial Electrician.
- Must have a Journeymen's license and experience with VFD's, soft starts and other motor controls.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's permit to operate electrician's cart and forklift truck for installation jobs.
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Two years minimum experience as an Electrician required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Conditions where there is danger to life, health or bodily injury such as closeness to moving mechanical parts; working on scaffolding and high places; exposure to burns, radiant energy, explosives, toxic chemicals, and electrical shock.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Austin Job Segment:
Overheard Electrician, Electrical, Electrician, Warehouse, Forklift, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.