The La Porte Complex is seeking a bright, energetic Fixed Equipment Engineer to join the team. This role supports the La Porte facility and is part of the La Porte Reliability Group supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance. The position is located in the La Porte Industrial District.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitors equipment performance and make improvement recommendations
- Applies data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues
- Consults with peers at the site and across the company
- Provides technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Leads or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Applies economic analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions
- Participates in interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls, and safety systems.
- Provides technical support within your discipline to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of owner operator/operator downstream experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries.
- Polymers experience is preferred.
- Finishing equipment experience and/or high pressure experience is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow. The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas:
- Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. ASME, API, ANSI)
- Rotating Equipment (pumps, steam turbines, centrifugal and recip compressors, blowers, gearboxes)
- Fixed Equipment (piping, flange make-up, pressure vessels, heat exchangers)
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market: