Salary: Dependent on Experience
Judge Healthcare is seeking Remote Entry Level HCC Coders ASAP!
Position Title: Entry Level HCC Coders
Type of Engagement: Contract (Ongoing)
Rate: Competitive and Dependent on Experience
Summary of Position:
The Medical Record Coder will code medical records in electronic formats using ICD-10-CM for charts in dates of service over a two-year range. Monitor regulatory changes as they apply to ICD-10-CM coding guidelines. Serve as a resource to Medicare Advantage Coding to ensure reimbursement accuracy. Perform ongoing analysis of charts for the appropriate coding compliance. Research and resolve assigned Coding projects.
1. Research and resolution of coding projects as assigned.
2. Perform ongoing analysis of medical record charts for the appropriate coding compliance.
3. Coder is responsible for meeting daily production goal.
4. Coder is responsible for meeting a quality accuracy rate goal.
5. Attend conference calls as necessary to provide information relating to Coding and Compliance.
1. Excellent organization and problem-solving skills required.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
3. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information appropriately per HIPAA regulations and company requirements.
1. Advanced knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and regulatory requirements.
2. Advanced knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Successful completion of a coding certificate program from the AAPC or AHIMA required.
3. No HCC Experience required at all
4. CPC-A required
5. Coder must be able to provide proof of current certification and coding certification identification number.
6. Users will be working extensively in Excel on a daily basis.
7. Final score parameters for acceptable results from candidates will be provided later.
8. Users will also be required to use other Microsoft Office 2010 applications such as Outlook on a daily basis.
1. Coders must be able to commit to working a minimum of 40 hours per week; Training is SET M-F 8am-5pm CST, after training, working hours must be M-F in between the hours of 8am-8pm CST.
2. Coders are expected to meet and maintain quality and productivity standards.
3. Quality standard is averaging 95% on monthly quality audit scores.
4. No Paid Time off. You can take days off but they are unpaid.
Please send your resume to Dominique DeMarco - @DDeMarco2@judge.com for immediate consideration!
The Judge Group
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!