Environmental Permitting & NEPA Lead
Career Area: Science
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking to fill the position of Environmental Permitting and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Lead. Ideally, the position will be filled in either the Nashville or Knoxville, Tennessee, offices; however, other Barge offices would be considered for the best fit candidate.
The Environmental Permitting & NEPA Lead will be responsible for managing Barge's current natural resources staff and recruiting new team members as needed to support growth, helping to build upon Barge's environmental brand across the southeast, engaging in development and execution of growth strategies for this work type, and serving as a technical lead for natural resources and NEPA projects. This position will report to the Environmental & Natural Resources Director along with Due Diligence/Assessment and Industrial Compliance Leads. The candidate will have the potential to build, grow, and manage their own team
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Leads a multi-discipline team supporting the environment, ecology, NEPA, and natural resources area of practice on projects which span a variety of markets and client types and will include collaboration with other Barge technical disciplines to best serve our clients
- Provides technical expertise and guidance on a variety of environmental and natural resources projects
- Performs wetland delineations, stream assessments, hydrologic determinations, and protected species surveys
- Prepares Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 401/404 permit applications, natural resources and ecology technical reports
- Leads the overall NEPA compliance documentation process and helps to support stream and wetland mitigation services
- Contributes to business development by dedicating time to develop and maintain client relationships aligned with strategic growth plans for Barge's environmental services
- Management of employees includes hiring, development, and coaching for improvement while facilitating a collaborative work environment and advancing initiatives that support a positive workplace culture
- Performs other duties as required
Why join us?
- 4-year degree in environmental related field such as biology, ecology, or environmental science; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in leading and performing environmental studies, preparing associated documentation, completing
- CWA 401/404 permitting tasks, and leading teams and clients through the NEPA process
- Leads development of proposals, including scopes of work, fee estimates, and schedules
- Operates as a lead Scientist on wide range of project types and responsible for reviewing complete project documents
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining successful relationships with regulatory agency staff, clients, and teaming partners
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate employees
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, and Collector
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.