Are you interested in a career that protects the environment and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting Part-time career opportunity for you.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,000 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: $18 - $20per hour
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages, including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people
- 401(k) plan and competitive match offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
A Day in the life:
The Environmental Technician position is responsible for performing day to day inspections of components in the LDAR Program. This position will be responsible for maintaining and care of their monitoring equipment and overall maintenance of the LDAR inventory. The following list of duties are the responsibility of the Environmental Technician.
- Participate and be engaged in the safety culture
- Complete comprehensive Job Safety Analysis at their jobsite
- Maintain and use all required PPE
- Perform and document calibration of monitoring instrument as required
- Perform and document calibration-precision test and response time test as required
- Perform and document field inspections accurately, safely and efficiently
- Document on leak tag completely and accurately for all leaks found
- Hang inventory tags and re-hang fallen inventory tags
- Document and report any tag maintenance and inventory discrepancies found in the field
- Document Management of Change and assist to maintain the accuracy of field inventories
- Perform and document drift assessments, where applicable
- Participate in training for career development, safety and maintaining required certifications
- Perform any other duties assigned by client or project manager(s)
Organizational Core Competencies:
- Perform all duties with integrity, safety and a professional mentality
- Promote a positive and inclusive work/team environment
- Communicate all program deficiencies and improvements
- Report all non-conforming work
- Ensure effective communication
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and good judgment when dealing with sensitive company, personnel and client information
- Foster collaboration and communication
- High School diploma required at minimum, preference given to applicants with an associates or bachelors degree in science related or environmental programs.
- Novice knowledge in LDAR related hardware and tools
- Novice knowledge in Federal, State and local LDAR regulations
Years of Experience:
- 0-2+ years of industry experience preferred
- Experience with Workday is beneficial
- Experience with LDAR database software programs is beneficial
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) is beneficial
- State/Region applicable Safety Council Training is beneficial
- Refinery Safety Overview (RSO) training is beneficial
- Man lift Certified is beneficial
- First Aid and CPR Certified is beneficial
- Capability to pass background checks and initial and random drug screening
- Must be able to successfully pass a urine, alcohol, and hair test
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work from heights
- Ability to pass an OSHA Respiratory Protection Medical Evaluation, and don respiratory equipment
- Ability/willingness to travel locally and overnight 75-100% of the time
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work independently, managing multiple responsibilities (i.e., self-starter, self-motivated)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and resiliency to operate in a dynamic work environment
Schedule/Essential Physical Functions Disclaimer:
The schedule and essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, this position may require the individual to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Standby and on-call duty may be required, and the individual must be able to respond to the facility within one hour
- Some shifts will require working alone
- Must have the ability to lift 20-30 pounds using Company provided equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.
MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.