This position works under the direction of the Senior Director of Informatics and the Project Director to lead the Epic access and revenue cycle application implementation and provide day-to-day direction to the Access/Revenue Cycle team on the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of third-party applications and Epic's registration, scheduling, information management, professional billing, claims, and remittance applications.
These applications include Prelude, Cadence, HIM, Resolute, Claims, Remit, Charge Router, and other related Epic and third-party applications. The Access & Revenue Cycle ("ARC") Applications Manager will have a solid understanding and experience of the operational practices of scheduling and payer authorizations of the MFA and a mastery of ambulatory clinic-based physician billing, reporting, fee schedule build/maintenance, cash management, and related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage strategic initiatives and coordinate enhancement projects concurrently for Revenue Cycle and Access application.
- Active engagement with problem-solving issues and trouble-shooting issues to a successful resolution. Delivers high-quality, support and service to internal customers.
- Maintains and manages the integrity of the revenue cycle system including documentation of policies, procedures, and methodologies implemented in support of changes or enhancements.
- Leads the ARC Analysts through implementations; providing instruction on various technical topics to other team members, educating/training new hires, providing mentorship to team members, managing an application project through the entire project life cycle while meeting project deadlines and initiatives, and monitoring a project plan while reporting project changes and status to project managers and supervisor.
- Leads the ARC team members on optimization of the application through the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects.
- Serves as the resource for other application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements and developing logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance, workflow, and data integrity.
- Assign and manage the daily and long-term work tasks of the analysts on the team.
- Leads weekly meetings with team members and operational leaders to discuss the status of deliverables, shared issues, end-user concerns, budget, and upcoming milestones.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the fields of informatics, IT, or another related discipline
- Master's degree desirable.
- Current Epic certifications are required. New hires and transfers have 45 days from completion of MFA-sponsored Epic training to successfully complete Epic certification
This job has expired.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with professional revenue cycle billing, EMR, and practice management systems, including workflow optimization, implementation, and analyzing issues impacting operational and business efficiencies.
- Experience managing individuals or small team
- Epic application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience strongly preferred. Must have experience with data collection procedures, data management, and project management.
- Prior experience with Epic access, billing, and claims applications specifically for Epic PB system