Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
Reliable Onsite Services, a division of United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a portable sanitation Equipment Associate ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our company's tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to perform general labor tasks to ensure smooth branch operation. The primary objective of the role is to provide labor assistance to branch personnel engaged in meeting the needs of customers.
Responsibilities include, cleaning and repairing portable sanitation equipment, load and unload units, operate pump trucks as required, wash and prepare trucks. The goal is to make sure that all equipment leaving the yard is rent ready and meets our standards for quality. Flexible schedule - some weekend and after hours work may be required as business conditions dictate, especially during the busy season. May work independently with little or no supervision.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
* Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
* Perform routine checks on portable sanitation equipment to ensure it is safe and in good working order without damage, which may include inspecting, washing, repairing, and/or storing
* General facility maintenance and minor repairs
* Loading and unloading of units, either manually or with forklift as required
* Use of drill, rivet tool and other hand tools as needed
* Ensures supplies are onsite and organized
* Ensure trucks are accurately loaded for the next day with all units cleaned and repaired to standards
* Set-up/maintain yard in clean, organized manner
* Maintain inventory spaces, communicate accurate counts to Dispatch
* Quality check on all units and equipment, verifying rent ready status prior to loading
* Excellent housekeeping of shop, yard and facility
* Maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times
* Other duties as assigned
* Superior customer service, willing and able to provide this to each customer
* Diligent attention to safety
* A valid driver's license
* High School Diploma or equivalency
* General knowledge of yard equipment and the loading/unloading of trucks
* Industry experience is a plus, but not required. Training is provided on products, services, qualifications and procedures.
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Positive attitude
* Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs
* Ability to work effectively in all weather conditions
Job Code = Equipment Associate - Trench Safety - 8N0001-004
As an Equipment Associate at United Rentals, you will perform a variety of manual tasks to ensure smooth Trench Safety branch operation. Your primary objective will be to provide labor assistance to service technicians, sales staff and other branch personnel engaged in meeting the needs of customers.
Your strong work ethic, reliability and positive attitude will make you an asset to our branch and entire organization. If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement opportunities.
Additional duties include the following:
Assemble, load and unload equipment, assist with deliveries and prepare equipment for rental
Perform routine checks on rental equipment to ensure it is safe and in good working order
Verify delivery tickets and returns for accuracy
Greet customers and assist with customer inquiries about equipment
Suggest equipment and supplies to meet customer needs
Other duties assigned as needed
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
Knowledge of trench safety equipment is preferred, but willing to train
Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
Diligent attention to safety
Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization - and we're passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.