Job ID: 427879
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position will operate various heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, wheel loaders, and all-terrain forklifts, in a rugged 40 acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. Operators will use this heavy equipment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Able to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 2 years experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to read and write in English as well as record and understand numerical values
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
- Able to work in harsh or extreme weather
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65lbs may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Front End, Facilities, Temporary, Manufacturing, Technology, Operations, Contract
This job has expired.