CALSTART is hiring an Equity and Community Engagement Project Manager II to join the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure (CF&I) team for this exciting new role. Come lead equity strategy and community engagement activities across CALSTART's Clean Fuels and Infrastructure incentive and stakeholder engagement projects. The PMII will take a lead role in managing 'community first' industry engagement and infrastructure technical support activities for California and other state infrastructure deployment and incentive administration projects. The PMII will develop and implement equity, environmental justice, and inclusive approaches to collaborating with industry, government, and communities to drive adoption of zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) in communities most impacted by transportation emissions and climate change. Projects may include the California Energy Commission's EnergIIZE Commercial Vehicles Project, Second Block Grant for Light Duty Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive Projects, and the Research Center for Electric Technologies in Truck Applications (RHETTA)
The Project Manager II will report to the Director of Infrastructure Incentive Administration within the CF&I team and be based in California.
Additionally, the Project Manager II will:
- Provide advisory, community outreach, and programmatic support related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in CALSTART's light-, medium-, and heavy-duty zero-emissions vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure incentive programs.
- Keep up with industry best practices in community outreach and engagement related to disadvantaged, low income, Tribal Nations, and underserved communities as well as small and disadvantaged business entities.
- Support incentive program design, development, administration, and measurement with an equity lens and coordinate across programs to develop and inform best practices in equity and community outreach.
- Manage project activities that engage and involve participation of disadvantaged, low-income, Tribal Nations, and underserved communities.
- Develop and advise strategy and plan for community engagement processes for CF&I projects that support ZEV charging and fueling infrastructure.
- Develop and codify best practices for measuring and tracking equity and identify opportunities for improvement within program Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and capture best practices in equity programming for transportation and infrastructure.
- Develop an Equity Strategy Plan for program administration, with incorporated learnings from across incentive and consultative programs for CF&I.
- Monitor key local, industry, state, and federal processes for defining, analyzing, and mapping equity, environmental justice, and priority populations.
- Support infrastructure incentive program leads in equity and outreach efforts and in coordination with project partners.
- Support budget development for equity and community engagement for incentive programs within the overall project budget and scope.
- Support coordination between medium- and heavy-duty commercial incentive programs for vehicles and infrastructure with regards to equity and community engagement.
- Implement an equity and community engagement strategy for infrastructure incentive projects, including leading working groups, managing, and building contact lists, managing community and industry relationships, organizing, and leading in-person and virtual meetings, and coordinating with the project team for equity-minded marketing and outreach.
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative equity metrics in outreach, implementation, and outcomes towards a continuous improvement of equity in incentive program administration.
- Manage development of collateral including fact sheets, white papers, and summary reports that aid in advancing equity goals across CF&I team projects.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!Qualifications:
- 4 years of higher education leading to a degree or certification, including college, university, or trade school, any major.
- 5 years of experience conducting or supporting community engagement and outreach activities.
- 2 years of experience in project management or project coordination.
- Experience working with grant, incentive, or public procurement processes.
- Experience developing, defining, and/or executing a project or program strategy.
- Knowledge of / experience with environmental justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices in program development and/or implementation.
- Familiarity with transportation, infrastructure, urban planning, public policy, government relations, or related field.
Salary and Benefits
- Post-graduate degree or certification.
- Experience training and building teams and/or coalitions.
- Experience working with disadvantaged, low-income, Tribal Nation, and/or other underserved communities.
- Experience working with government entities, community-based organizations, and/or industry.
- Experience developing and/or managing a project or program budget.
- Familiarity with light-, medium-, and/or heavy-duty zero emission vehicles and/or charging/fueling infrastructure
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.