Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a project director for internal change projects, particularly associated with Finance, Marketing, and Information Technology. TT is one of the world's most advanced engineering firms and requires advanced systems to continue its growth - this is an opportunity to see real change and impact from your work.
What success looks like:
Key characteristics of a candidate:
- Leading a cross-functional team to accomplish complex project objectives that can make the difference for this world-leading company to get to its next level of strategic objectives
- Communicating with vendors and external stakeholders (including consultants, and helping develop RFPs) in ways that get enthusiastic and helpful responses
- Working with urgency and finding the right level of process and control in an environment that is not bureaucratic
- Project Management Certifications
- Proven successful project implementations delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget and if not, lessons learned.
- IT Project management and business systems implementation
- References from prior gigs
- Ability to shift gears and work within an agile environment with many intelligent stakeholders
- Impeccable soft skills ( strong interpersonal, communication , organizational and time management ) - the ability to report and escalate
- General software knowledge (Microsoft Suite, cloud tools, middleware)
- Significant exposure to business systems such as accounting, sales tracking
- Specific experience with various kinds of project management tools and practices
- Outstanding listening and communication skills, and insights about change management
- Ability to travel when required to coordinate and build consensus (estimated 10% of the time)
- Experience with professional service industries
- Awareness of ERP system options and process, in particular those used in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industries
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. (US Locations Only)
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
This job has expired.