Electrical Reliability Services, a rapidly growing third-party, NETA accredited, electrical testing company is currently seeking a Power Systems Engineer a to support our service offerings nationally. This position works remotely requiring up to 50% travel.
Perform/support a range of power system and engineering studies (all voltage levels, from basic to the most complex). Perform/support a variety of Field and Customer activities including data collection, one-line revisions, and electrical system analysis.
- May support all types of power system and/or supervise full range of complex engineering studies. Typically, will work with a Sr. Power Systems
- Engineer to support project scope.
- Perform complex short circuit analysis, protective device coordination and arc flash studies.
- Assist other engineers with all types of power system and engineering studies.
- Assist in gathering of field data and documentation as needed.
- Support full range of complex engineering studies including reliability, harmonics, load flow and reliability centered maintenance studies.
- Assist with the electrical power system documentation including system configuration, equipment ratings and settings.
- May support circuit and system measurements and help write reports relating to: EMF, electrical load, voltage, and power quality projects.
- Assist in preparation of estimates and take-offs for engineering study project proposals.
- Have a working knowledge of computer software and data utilized in the conduct of power system and engineering studies
- Follow and assist in development of policy and procedures for conducting power system and engineering studies.
- Graduate Engineer BSEE.
- Have experience with one or more of the following software programs: SKM Powertools, ETAP and/or EasyPower
- Professional standing: P.E. license preferred
- Requires excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management.
- Requires mature judgment, responsible for assigned projects.
- Requires high degree of organization skills.
- Requires sound grounding in electrical engineering.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to sit, and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver's License.
- No Special Physical Requirements
- Light Lifting (5 Ibs.-25 Ibs.)
- Medium Lifting (30 Ibs. - 45 Ibs.)
- Heavy Lifting (over 50 Ibs.)
- Frequent Standing
- Frequent kneeling / crawling / stooping
- Frequent bending / twisting
- Frequent climbing (stairs, ladders)
- Frequent driving (car, van, truck)
TRAVEL TIME REQUIRED
- Extreme cold (below 32*)
- Extreme heat (above 100*)
- Noise Level (Medium / High need to shout to be heard)
- Working around moving machinery (fork-lifts, tractors)
- Protective Equipment Required (earplugs, gloves, eyewear, respirator, mask, etc.)
- Work outdoors (no effective protection from weather)
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
The anticipated pay range for this role in the States of Washington, California, New York, Connecticut and Denver localities is between $40 to $65 per hour-pay ranges for other geographic localities may vary. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are role based. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO (Flexible or up to accrued x number of days a year), holiday pay (9 days), and 401k.