Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it "the Greatest Race Track in the World."At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR's Most Competitive venue. The "Fun" track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Facilities Manager based at Talladega Superspeedway.
Company Conformance Standards
In the performance of their duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform superior care and service to internal and external customers.
- Perform quality work with deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Manage effectively and efficiently on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Perform a variety of duties necessary to maintain all aspects of the track facility and grounds on a year-round basis, with special emphasis on major event preparation and execution, track rentals and on-site activities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing facility clean up, electrical maintenance and other miscellaneous duties for properly maintaining the grounds and facilities.
- Manage the overall condition of all buildings and grounds. Perform routine preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings, facilities, and mechanical equipment.
- Basic office systems knowledge including but not limited to computer systems & programs, a smartphone, and ABI. Microsoft Office suite knowledge preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Manage preventive building maintenance duties and documents.
- Oversee routine plumbing repairs pertaining to toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, and leaking faucets.
- Manage routine electrical repairs.
- Manage and assist any IT/AV technical issues from each department with the support of our corporate IT department.
- Schedule, assign and perform duties pertaining to general facility maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining a variety of records and prepare reports for management review.
- Establish schedules and methods of preventative maintenance and repair services identifying resource needs, reviewing needs with appropriate staff, allocating resources accordingly.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
- Assist Director of Operations in event preparations, perform repairs and/or coordinate any event maintenance requests reported throughout the event weekend.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; staying abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of facility equipment maintenance.
- Oversee maintenance/repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors.
- Follow the department's invoice processing procedures.
- Understand and implement OSHA safety/compliance.
- Aid other departments as needed and any miscellaneous assigned.
- Coordinate work and assign tasks for employees.
- Operate equipment of all types (tractors, backhoe, water truck, power/hand tools, fork lift, dump truck, sweeper) as directed by Director of Operations and maintain equipment as necessary to meet goals and objectives of facility.
Ongoing dialogue and interaction with Director of Operations to assure that the goals and objectives of the facility are being met; a year-end review will determine where success is accomplished and/or where improvements are needed.Qualifications
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training.
- Experience in IT/AV, plumbing, project management and construction
- Mechanical knowledge is required
- Experience with small equipment
- Background in working with outside vendors and contractors
Special Position Requirements
- Work performed in environments with a wide range of temperature and weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Work requires extended periods of standing and walking.
- Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing (extension ladders, stairs, and ramps, in and out of ditches).
- Repetitive bending, reaching, crouching, pushing and pulling.
- Handling and manipulating equipment controls.
- Maintaining balance to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching on even or uneven surfaces.
- In addition to the normal work schedule, which varies depending on the season, must be able to work extended hours during events and weekends.
Ability to withstand physical challenges of respective multi-tasks.
Position may require travel as requested.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.