Lincoln Electric Automation, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, specializes in supplying products such as ladles, sprayers, extractors, finishing equipment, and turnkey robotic systems.
Req. ID: 20738
Position Summary: The Field Service Technican assists Lincoln Electric Automation's customers with installations, modifications, and repairs to automated equipment and systems. Frequent travel to customer sites, primarily in North America, may be unplanned and for extended periods of time. These individuals provide technical support and troubleshooting over the phone, through email and other remote applications as well as perform training for Lincoln Electric Automation's customers and staff.
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives.
- Be aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives.
Essential skills and experience:
- Field Service Technicians must be able to work with no direct supervision or instruction to troubleshoot, evaluate, repair and assist customers in a variety of situations
- Be a professional representative of the Lincoln Electric Automation organization
- Interpretation of engineering documents, such as mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, 3D simulations, and software
- Organizing and conducting installation/repair tasks, coordinated across a variety of disciplines and trades
- Commissioning of equipment and debug of production start-up
- Clear and thorough documentation of activities
- Support of Lincoln Electric Automation's Production department in assembly functions
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Customer Service Manager
Preferred skills and experience:
- Associate's Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering technology, or equivalent experience with automation equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, PLC, and control systems
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Understand and apply the proper tools and techniques in a multitude of troubleshooting, installation, and repair situations
- Apply root cause analysis in a variety of problem solving scenarios
- Ability to lead and direct personnel in a clear, organized manner
- Must be able to work flexible hours, as needed. Scheduled work may be over weekends & holidays
- Possess a valid driver's license, acceptable to company insurance carrier, and able to rent a car
- Ability to obtain a valid United States passport
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Robotic troubleshooting and programming expertise
- Ability to modify and write PLC logic
- Rigging and installation experience with industrial equipment
- Understanding of CNC and/or manual machine tool practices
- Experience in casting and forging operations
- Familiarity with thermal imaging and use of IR photography
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D vision systems
Reporting to this position:
- Understand the Company's EHS Policy and how it relates to this job.
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as the Company's Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this job.
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EHS procedures.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are located on the ISO drive.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any questions regarding EHS procedures.
- Attend required EHS training
No direct reportsPhysical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Be able to climb ladders; lift hand tools approx. 1-15 lbs in weight to complete machine assembly, parts up to 50 lbs. Repetition with activity.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
: Complies with ISO 14001, and other relevant standards. Support, implement and understand the intent of the EMS policy. Participates with ISO-14001 as required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
Customer Experience Section:
Wayne Trail Technologies (US76) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Columbus Job Segment:
CNC, Field Service, Maintenance, Machinist, Technical Support, Manufacturing, Technology