A Field Supervisor is responsible for performing supervisory duties in his service region, leading a team responsible for performing start-up commissioning, integration, emergency service and troubleshooting of Vertiv electrical switchgear 480VAC/15KVAC, including PDU, ATS, PDC, circuit breakers, protective relays, plc, meters and other automated devices as well as mechanical repairs and modifications. The supervisor is required to establish, promote, and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives, and others as appropriate. The supervisor will provide technical expertise, safety leadership and accountability for all installed projects, technical support, and T&M work.
- Supervise, train and assist other field service technicians while being responsible for all aspects of field service work in the area.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, specialized tests, inspections, and appraisals on electrical apparatus and electrical systems.
- Supervise large projects requiring specialized skills such as acceptance tests, commissioning of larger substations, supervising "turnkey" projects, detailed power survey and other types of electrical consultation.
- Instrumental in developing tests and inspections in new areas of field services.
- Perform job estimating, proposal preparation, fieldwork, scheduling, reports and billing.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Actively involved client interface and business development activities.
- Responsible for registering Area associates for training needed to progress in the job progression.
- Oversee and schedule all OJT requirements of Area associates to complete training.
- Provides guidance to others on complicated situations
- Maintain certifications per Job Progression table
- Assist in development of Safety and Quality procedures/guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely reporting according to company guidelines
- Timecards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms et al.
- Maintain individual inventory in accordance with company policy
- Maintain company property according to company policies
- Vehicle, credit cards, PPE, test equipment, laptop, et al.
- Provide proper and adequate communication to internal and external customers
- Provide estimated time of arrival to the customer for where applicable
- Complete scheduled maintenance documentation properly and provide to the customer and local office upon completion of each designated assignment
- Maintain customer satisfaction rates according to company guidelines
- Attend Customer Meetings as required
- In all aspects of job requirements, must lead by example, and conduct themselves in a higher standard. Must act and perform as a role model to all field associates
- Conduct themselves in a high degree of professionalism, and of service delivery
- Ability to handle stressful situations and provide a calming effect to customer
- High level of diplomacy when interacting with internal and external customers
- Maximize productivity by combining service opportunities
- Complete all work in an efficient and timely manner
- Capable of making technical and commercial decisions under pressure
- Maintain productive utilization rate according to company guidelines
- Enforce company dress code and safety regulations
- Meet or exceed on-site response time requirements for each customer
- Understand and comply with company startup/escalation processes and procedures
- Maintain proper and adequate level of internal communications
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization -Managers, co-workers, Support Services, electronic communications, et al.
8-10 Service Center Field Technicians (FT's) QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Possess a working knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution, Generators, Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches, et al.
- Solid foundation of electrical power theory and application including thorough understanding of applicable safety procedures
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Provide on-site customer consultation, must be able to present themselves as an expert in the field
- Expert analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Able to manage customer expectations during stressful situations
- A high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and management skills are required
- Valid driver's license is required
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Ability to summarize and report all work related tasks performed
- Ability to give technical assistance via the telephone to customers on a regular basis
- Independently evaluate, recognize and recommend acceptable customer solutions based upon site evaluation
- Recommend and direct activities at a customer site by leading technical activities of other technicians at a customer site
- Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer-controlled test equipment.
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and nine years minimum same or similar work experience OR High school education or equivalent and ten years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Medium Lifting (30 Ibs. - 45 Ibs.)
- Heavy Lifting (over 50 Ibs.)
- Frequent Standing
- Frequent kneeling / crawling / stooping
- Frequent bending / twisting
- Frequent climbing (stairs, ladders)
- Frequent driving (car, van, truck)
TRAVEL TIME REQUIRED
- Extreme cold (below 32*)
- Extreme heat (above 100*)
- Noise Level (Medium / High need to shout to be heard)
- Working around moving machinery (fork-lifts, tractors)
- Protective Equipment Required (earplugs, gloves, eyewear, respirator, mask, etc.)
- Work outdoors (no effective protection from weather)
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.