The Food Service Worker will maintain safe, accurate and timely staff and patient meal service while ensuring high standards of department sanitation, accurate cashiering and food production.
The Food Service Worker will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan Abilitylab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Food Service Worker will demonstrate Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Shirley Ryan Abilitylab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Food Service Worker will:
This job has expired.
- Provide timely, efficient and accurate patient tray line setup and patient meal assembly.
- Provide courteous and timely set-up and service in the cafeteria, at the cashier stations and for catered events.
- Deliver and retrieve patient meals to and from nursing units in a safe and expedient manner.
- Maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of the service ware, pots, pans, equipment and work and service areas. Operate the dish machine for service ware sanitation.
- Prepare toast, salads, desserts and other food items requiring some food preparation skills according to specific directions and established quantities.
- Operate cash register accurately with no over rings or shortages. Ensure that cash drawer has proper level of cash, obtaining additional change as necessary.
- Refill coffee urns, juice and milk dispensers as needed and stocks cafeteria with various food and non-food items as needed including donuts, fruit, silverware, condiments, paper products and the like.
- Follow safe food handling practices, maintain food items at appropriate temperatures and follow established storage practices. Sustain a sanitary work environment according to health standards and Department policies.
- Assist patients as necessary in providing or making daily meal selections.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of Shirley Ryan Abilitylab.