Use electric-powered industrial trucks with lifting devices to move products, equipment, and materials while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures. Ensure the proper loading and unloading of materials onto or off pallets, skids, or lifting devices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials, transports, load and unload to a designated area
- List materials and record weight, counts, and condition of frozen food items via a Radio Frequency (RF) system
- Complete daily forklift maintenance/check sheet
- Lead safety inspections on truck chalking and glad-hand process
- Communicate with semi-truck drivers to ensure safety precautions
- Monitor battery charge, maintain, and clean batteries, and leave material handling equipment at the proper charging station
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Work with other machinery and material handling equipment
- Basic math skills
- Ability to understand instructions in Country's official language or as defined by Lineage Logistics
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs./18 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days
This job has expired.