Posted in Sales
The Roll-Off Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers across multiple lines of businesses. The CDL Driver will collect waste from customer sites and transport to post-collection facilities for proper disposal.
• Operate roll-off truck and ancillary equipment to collect waste.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
• Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state/provincial, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation including any required customer specific rules or regulations.
• Communicate any potential hazards in serving/picking up container to Supervisor/Lead prior to performing task
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
• Report all accidents or incidents to supervisor(s) immediately
• Exhibit a professional demeanor, manner and appearance at all times (i.e., meeting customers and/or the general public while on route or in uniform.)
• Ensure that all required personal protective equipment be worn at all times (i.e., gloves, reflective vest, safety glasses, work boots, etc.)
• Maintain accurate records of services performed.
• Work closely with supervisor to improve routing efficiencies.
• Attend safety and branch meetings.
• May be required to work overtime
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
• Minimum one (1) years of commercial driving experience OR CDL school certificate
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate the equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with others.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
• Ability to write simple reports and correspondence such as pre- and post-trip inspections, accident reports, daily paperwork, etc.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out uninvolved written and/or oral instructions and to solve general problems.
• Ability to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
• Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
• Sitting is required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
• Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather conditions (depending on season), moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Work in outdoor environment up to 100% of the time.
• Works route away from branch location on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work in motor vehicle traffic conditions constantly.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Wilson, North Carolina
Posted about 3 hours ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our